Facebook quietly launched a contest Tuesday called Small Business Boost that will award $10,000 to 10 small businesses that gain the most new Likes by April 1.
Small business owners in the U.S. that manage pages on the social network can enter the contest through an app on the Facebook Marketing Solutions page. Entrants with 50 Likes on their page when they sign up for the contest will receive a $50 ad credit for the site. Pages that gain 100 new Likes during the contest period will earn another $100 ad credit. The ten pages with the most new fans will win $10,000 in Facebook ads.
The stated goal of the program is to help “invest, educate, and connect” with small businesses by giving 200,000 companies $50 each in ad credits. The company wants to show businesses how Facebook advertising works and how it can help their businesses if they spend more ad dollars targeting social networkers. Facebook also wants to pull ad spending from the likes of Google, Bing and Yahoo.
Once you add the app, you will receive a coupon code good for $50 in free advertising.
What is a Facebook coupon code?
A coupon code is activated through Facebook’s online ad system and then becomes an advertising credit. This advertising credit can be redeemed for advertising on Facebook.
How do I activate the Facebook coupon code I just received?
To create your ad and redeem your coupon, please follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.facebook.com/ads/create/.
- After creating your ad, click “Review Ad” at the bottom of the page.
- At the “Review Ad” page, please check to ensure your campaign, targeting, and budget are correct, then click “Place Order.”
- Please select credit card or PayPal as the funding source for your account.
- If you select a credit card, on the next screen, select “I have a coupon to redeem.” Copy the coupon code you received, then click “Submit.”
- If you select PayPal, please add your PayPal account, then go to your Funding Sources tab at https://secure.facebook.com/ads/manage/funding.php, and click “Add a funding source” link at the top right of the page. From the “Add a Funding Source” screen please select “Facebook Ad Coupon” then copy the coupon code you received and click “Submit.”
What you need to participate:
- A Facebook Page for your small business
- Your business must be based in the US
- Your page will need at least 50 likes
How It Works:
- Get $50 in free ads if you have at least 50 likes on your Page
- Get $100 more in free ads if you add 100 more likes to your Page before April 1, 2012
- Win $10,000 more in free ads if you are one of the top 10 pages that gains the most new likes before April 1, 2012